Labor Day sale (40% Off) and September RetroRoleplaying.com Project News
Labor Day Sale — 40% Off
Celebrate Labor day with 40% off all RetroRoleplaying.com games, including BX Advanced, Microlite81 Expanded Edition, and Microlite74 Ultimate Edition. This sale ends sometime on September 4th.
* BX Advanced $9.95 — Sale Price: $5.97
* Dungeon Delving Undying Light Edition $3.99 — Sale Price: $2.39
* Microlite20 Comprehensive Edition $7.50 — Sale Price: $4.50
* Microlite74 Basic Digest/Epub $1.99 — Sale Price: $1.19
* Microlite74 Extended Digest/Epub $3.99 — Sale Price: $2.39
* Microlite74 Standard Digest/Epub $2.99 — Sale Price: $1.79
* Microlite74 Swords & Sorcery 2e Digest/Epub $6.99 — Sale Price: $4.19
* Microlite74 Ultimate Edition Digest/Epub $9.95 — Sale Price: $5.97
* Microlite78 First Edition Lite $4.95 — Sale Price: $2.97
* Microlite81 Advanced Expanded Edition (Digest/Ebook)— Sale Price: $9.95 $5.97
* Microlite81 Complete Digest/Epub $7.50 — Sale Price: $4.50
* The full-sized “condensed type” version of the second edition of Microlite78 First Edition Lite should be out next week. The major changes in revision includes the barbarian and Bard classes, a treasure list more like 1e than BECMI, a revised method for determining XP needed to advance (recalculating experience tables by hand if using optional rules that slow advancement is no longer needed), rules for dominions, and a chapter of GM advice. This will make the game more like 1st edition and less like Oe with first edition spells and monsters. Estimated Price: $3 to $5 (A free “low art” version will be available later in the month).
* The digest-sized “Expanded” version of the second edition of Microlite78 First Edition Lite should be out later in September or in early October. This will include all the changes listed for the “condensed type” version, plus even more character classes, expanded spell lists and treasure lists, over 100 additional monsters, and more. All in a digest-sized book designed for easy use on tablets. Estimated Price: $9 to $12.
* Work and playtesting continues on the BX Advanced Adamantine Edition. Mutations are (hopefully) finally finished. Current work is on technology rules and tech items. Estimated Completion is winter or spring of 2019.
* Print editions: I’m still having no luck learning enough Indesign to make printed editions possible. I know many people would like printed copies, so I haven’t given up. But progress is painfully slow. I just do not think in the way one needs to use layout software based on the “Pagemaker paradigm” — like Indesign. I miss the long dead Ventura Publisher which worked the way I think.
* Blog Move: Moving the blog to WordPress is low priority, but some work is being done — occasionally.