Some monsters have special abilities and traits described below.
- Aquatic: Monster can swim at twice its listed Move and breathe water.
- Burrowing: Monster can move through solid rock at half its listed Move.
- Flight: Monster may naturally fly, traveling at twice its listed Move when airborne.
- Immune to Normal Weapons: Monster can only be damaged by spells and magic weapons.
- Magic Resistant: Monster has +4 to all saves against spells.
- Nausea: Monster has an attack that causes the victim to suffer a -2 on all attack, damage and Save rolls until they leave the area.
- Paralysis: Monster has an attack that prevents victim from acting at all for the duration of this effect.
- Petrifying gaze: Looking into the monsters eyes will turn the victim to stone unless a saving throw is made. A Cure Condition spell will return the victim to living flesh.
- Poison: Monster has a special attack that injects a deadly poison, requiring victim to make a saving throw or die.
- Regeneration: Monster heals a listed number of hit points each round and in must be reduced to O HP and slain by a specific means to stay permanently dead.
- Spellcasting: Monsters can cast or mimic Cleric or Magic-User spells. This will be listed in the stat block.
- Statistic drain: Permanent loss of an ability point or permanent negative adjustment to saving throw.
- Undead: Monster can be turned by a Cleric, but is immune to Charm Person, Sleep, and Illusion spells.